Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hanging Around: Wreaths

By now, unless you have been living under a rock (and even then I don't know), you have definitely seen the millions of different wreaths people are making.  I have seen burlap, yarn, deco mesh, garland, balloons, coffee filters, ribbons, and pretty much anything you can stick on a ring.  They are just fun to make.  

However, once your masterpiece is complete what now?

We are temporarily living in an apartment after recently moving and to be quite honest I was afraid someone might steal my wreath off of my front door.  

Yes, it is THAT exquisite. 

Ha.  Not really, but after the time and money I spent on it I didn't want some middle school kid to think it would be funny to take off with my wreath.  I just knew I would find it out by the dumpster.  So, I ended up hanging it on the inside of my door.  However, I soon found out that when I used my TRX bands I ended up smashing it as I worked out.  Even though my working out lasted all of one week I decided to move it.

We bought an inexpensive curtain rod at Target and placed it on our dining room wall (which is really in our living room...oh and our kitchen...apartment life).  I had extra burlap that I twisted around the curtain rod and here you go.  Another place to hang your wreath.







Here is a little wreath inspiration for you:

Adorable Fall wreath, hanging on the door, from The Ruffled Stitch.  I love the lettering on the burlap flags!


These wreaths made by The Rustic Pig are gorgeous, especially with these deep red doors!  This porch screams Fall!


I love this whole arrangement by Ashley at Cherished Bliss.  Maybe I have just missed it, but I have not seen a popcorn kernel wreath and I'm loving it.  When I ventured into canning a few months ago I came across these aqua Mason jars.  I knew I wanted to do something with them because they are just so unique.  This is a great way to use them.

My favorite thing about this arrangement is the white mantle, vases, and mirror with the rustic, wooden elements, and pops of fall colors.  Not to mention the hanging "Fall" banner.  Just perfectly put together by The Frugal Homemaker.


Ahhh I just love Fall.  The weather, the COLORS, and just what Fall ushers in with all of the upcoming holidays, not to mention food!


Linking up with:



Amber
facebookpinterestemail

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my fall wreath and mantel.

    ReplyDelete