Thursday, October 24, 2013

Glitter Pumpkins

After seeing a few pictures of sparkly, glittery pumpkins I decided to give it a shot.  So, the other night, I ventured out to the grocery store, hoping to get a few medium size pumpkins.  They were completely picked over!  They had a few moldy ones and that was about it.  I dug through the piles of gourds, squash, and pumpkins trying to find something that I could cover with glitter that would resemble a pumpkin.  I came up with the carnival squash.  I searched for a few with flatter bottoms so they would sit like a pumpkin when on display, instead of rolling off to the side.

This is the end product. I LOVE the way they turned out.

This is how it went...


Carnival Squash...I may like these better than doing regular pumpkins!

To begin, I got out one of my baking pans and lined it with a napkin.

Materials:  Glue that drys clear, extra fine glitter (LOVED the extra fine), sponge brush, and a few cups for putting glitter and glue in.  This made it easier for Bumble to participate (even though it was still a mess).


Paint the pumpkin with the glue (half of it first).

It is best to do one side, let it dry, and then do the other side.  I am not so patient so some of my pumpkins aren't so perfect, but that's okay.

I attempted to do stripes because I loved the coloring of the squash underneath.

The smaller pumpkins were easier for Bumble to hold and paint with the glue.



For Bumble, I put the glitter in a cup and let her sprinkle the glitter on with a spoon.  I just shook it straight out of the glitter bottle.  The spoon method may be better.


I sat them pretty much anywhere to dry.

I LOVE the way they turned out.











Happy glittering!
Linking Up with:
Not Just a Housewife
Sweet Bella Roos
The Crafty Blog Stalker
All Things with Purpose
The Shabby Nest
Amber
facebookpinterestemail

8 comments:

  1. These are adorable--my little diva would love this! Thanks for sharing!
    Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Yes, my little one loved it. It was a mess, but she LOVES things that sparkle! :) Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your pumpkins makes me want to lift my long standing glitter ban; almost :) You are a brave woman for letting the kids help out. These look just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen: I completely understand your glitter ban! It really is a bit of a mess :)...but fun! Our Pinteresting Family: Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out so pretty, and I am happy to see that your kids helped. Mine are older by they still love to make messes. : ) You are today's Dare to Share Feature of the Day! http://www.pamspartyandpracticaltips.com/2013/10/glitter-pumpkins-feature-of-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Thank you so much for the feature! I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so stinkin' cute...and so is your little helper. I'm happy to be featuring your cute pumpkins at this week's All Things Thursday Blog Hop that went live tonight. I hope you'll be back to link up more fun projects.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cool and easy to do I especially like the purple one thanks for sharing visiting from all things thursday I'm lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com have a great day

    ReplyDelete